Turner Broadcasting Fall 2018 Intern, CNN Tech Training in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Fall 2018 Intern, CNN Tech Training
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Internship/Trainee News
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN!
Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
CNN Tech Training delivers live, distance and on-demand learning on technology and technical workflows for employees worldwide. Our focus is capability development: to build and deliver agile, engaging content and experiences, creating responsive solutions that equip CNN'ers with the operational skills essential to our storytelling.
- We train CNN how to use the technology and tools to do their job that gets CNN on the air across all platforms.
- We take the "out of the box" technology and develop the training based on the CNN Workflow. (Instructor Led and Online Tutorials)
- Classes are scheduled based on the user's schedule and need.
- Classes are developed with the basic user in mind and are tailored to the students need based on experience and knowledge.
- Our classes are held where students need them. (Classroom, Online, in the field, in the control room, at the user's desk, via distance, etc.)
What will you be doing?
Tech Training interns have access and exposure to CNN operations and learning in many different aspects. There are an array of opportunities available in our internship, based on business need and candidate experience, you may be:
- Observe the CNN newsroom to learn the workflow and process of getting news on the various platforms.
- conceptualizing, storyboarding and producing video content (for internal learning)
- reating website content (for internal site)
- embedding with trainers for CNN's editorial, digital and tech ops
- Develop online training tutorials/video's using an iPhone or iPad.
- Develop training documentation (Quickstarts)
- tutorial scriptwriting
- Assist trainers with classes which could include setup/clean up
- Opportunity to learn to teach some of the core curriculum (Newsroom apps and Digital apps)
Conduct training classes for new hires (90 minutes or less) What do we need from you?
Ability to learn quickly.
- Experience in/exposure to broadcast operations, technical production, the editorial process and/or training and teaching.
- Technical ability on computer applications and Digital tools.
- Experience in content creation, writing and/or video production.
- Interest in learning strategy, training and development.
- Strong, demonstrable presentation and/or teaching skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; comfortable with autonomy
- Experience in project or process management a plus.
- Desirable Requirements: Online Tutorial or Video experience using Authoring tools or iPhone/iPad. Experience with edit tools such as Adobe Premiere Pro and iMovie.
What's so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Fall 2018 program dates are September 10ththrough December 7th.
- Interns are paid a competitive wage and relocation is not provided.
- Must have completed their sophomore year in college prior to the start of the internship.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6-months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Tu rner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled.