Turner Broadcasting Fall 2018 Intern, CNN Library in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Fall 2018 Intern, CNN Library
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Data Research/Usability Internship/Trainee News
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What will you be doing?
The CNN Library provides video archives management, editorial research and content systems support to CNN Worldwide networks and platforms. We’re looking for three highly motivated interns who will concentrate in each of these areas.
- The editorial research intern will apply their crazy-good investigative research skills to navigate a variety of subscription-based databases, traditional reference sources, and the internet.
- They’ll spend time on our info reference desk, providing research to CNN news staff worldwide in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and will help produce and maintain editorial research materials to meet the needs of news production.
- The video intern will get their hands dirty working with CNN’s video collection – going through bureau field tape collections, creating catalog records and applying metadata, and seeing how we preserve our historical videotapes through digitization.
- They’ll help video reference librarians pinpoint compelling footage for CNN staff to use on-air and on cnn.com.
- The taxonomy intern will work with the CNN Library’s Content Systems team on projects involving taxonomies and ontology development, machine learning and text-based classification.
- You will be the human intelligence behind an artificial intelligence system for classifying news content.
What do we need from you?
- Students must currently be enrolled inEnrolled in an ALA-accredited master's program in library science, information science or archive studies.
- Possess a keen interest in journalism and the news industry.
- Be a self-starter who can work independently and creatively, and readily adapt to an ever-changing work environment.
Have superior organizational skills, sublime attention to detail, and excellent current events awareness.
Have stellar written and verbal communication skills.
What's so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Fall 2018 program dates are September 10ththrough December 7th.
- Interns are paid a competitive wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Tu rner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans Status.