Turner Broadcasting Fall 2018 Intern, CNN International Planning & ICU in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Fall 2018 Intern, CNN International Planning & ICU
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Editorial International Internship/Trainee News
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN!
Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
CNN International is the largest international news network. CNN international interns will get an opportunity to view the inner workings of one of the leading news network in the world. Journalists cover a wide range of subjects including terrorism, politics, business, social issues and trends. CNN International has an opportunity to experience, learn, and be exposed to the newsgathering cycle.
What will you be doing?
- The CNNI Planning and ICU intern will conduct research for use in show segments
- Call and email prospective guests for live shows
- Handle logistics for guest bookings
- Observe and transcribe interviews and other field shoots
- Observe video editing sessions, and assist with administrative tasks.
Interns' schedules vary and may include week and weekend work. What do we need from you?
A hunger to learn and grow
- Students must provide a resume and cover letter
- Interest in international news
- Strong phone etiquette and good with people
- Multi-lingual is not a must but would be an asset;
- knowledge of or experience in basic journalism techniques, standards and ethics.
What's so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Fall 2018 program dates are September 10ththrough December 7th.
- Interns are paid a competitive wage, based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6-months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
rner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users. gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.