Turner Broadcasting Fall 2018 Intern - CNN Health in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Fall 2018 Intern - CNN Health
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Editorial Internship/Trainee News
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN!
Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
CNN Health & Medical News is the health, wellness and medical unit of CNN. The Chief Medical Correspondent, Senior Medical Correspondent and staff of producers and writers provide all CNN platforms with the latest medical news from daily studies, conferences, and a variety of topics including cancer, AIDS/HIV, fitness, nutrition, public health policy, science, wellness and parenting.
What will you be doing?
Interns in the CNN Health Unit in Atlanta are not here to observe. Our interns get a front row seat to everything we do and are here to contribute to that. Responsibilities and opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Strengthening research skills while contributing to live segments and package production.
- Contributing and writing stories and other content for CNN.com/health.
- Participating in staff meetings, and may have the opportunity to accompany producers on story shoots.
- Learning how text stories and TV scripts are crafted.
- Learning how to use various CNN databases for research and video to locate elements for segments and pieces.
- Learning the story development process of how a story goes from an idea to a script and then through edit to become a TV or digital piece for our website.
Learning how we vet stories and research What do we need from you?
Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.
- Knowledge or experience in health news or the field of health and science is a plus.
- Writing experience with work samples is recommended.
- Knowledge of television news and how video is chosen for scripts is a plus.
What's so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Fall 2018 program dates are September 10ththrough December 7th.
- Interns are paid a competitive wage and relocation is not provided.
- Must have completed their sophomore year in college prior to the start of the internship.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6-months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Tu rner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users