Turner Broadcasting Director of Development- Video Platform Services in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Director of Development- Video Platform Services
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Digital/Interactive Media
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more!Wecreate premium content and deliver exceptional experiences to fans whenever and wherever they consume content. These efforts are fueled by data-driven insights and industry-leading technology.From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
The Director, Development is responsible for overseeing and effectively leading the Agile development teams within the Video Platform Services organization. Responsible for ensuring the proper implementation of our SDLC and for the optimal performance of the development. Works to continuously lead and improve the development team and right-size the development workforce. Provides accountability, guidance and direction to the Development and Operations engineers, project management, and technical leadership to ensure that the Video Platform Group consistently delivers projects to clients on time and within budget. Works with the Program Execution team and leadership to continuously improve the product development processes and ensure the team is aligned with customer expectations and capable of providing value to the business in the most efficient way possible. Ensures that the product development processes remain efficient and sustainable for the long term. Works across GTO organization (including our partner iStreamPlanet) and brands to provide workflow automation and encoding technology.
What will you be doing?
- Oversees the agile development teams. Leads and manages development team and manager(s).
- Provides guidance, advice, mentoring, coaching and career development to the team manager(s) and assists them in motivating their teams around business objectives.
- Develop and nurture the technical skillset of developers and promote a shared learning environment.
- Delivers business value by ensuring the agile development teams are constantly aligned with the organization's ITSM goals and principles.
- Builds and maintains strong collaborative relationships with customers, users and other stakeholders to ensure the agile development teams, are aligned with all aspects of the delivery of business value.
- Creates and maintains relationships with internal partners, vendors and the broader industry to ensure the Video Platform Services organization remains on the forefront of innovation and technological advancement.
- Participates in hands-on development of Video Platform Services products.
- Organizes and leads code reviews and ensures that products are built in a scalable, highly redundant architecture.
- Partners with the iStreamPlanet organization to build products that in a way that is mutually beneficial for both Turner's live streaming objectives and iStreamPlanet's general market strategy.
What do we require from you?
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience.
- At least 5 years experience managing multiple applications development projects, including staff management, budgeting, and planning.
- 2 years experience managing Agile software development teams.
- Demonstrated success in managing difficult customer relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to manage both long-term, full-scale development efforts, and multiple/concurrent small development projects that contribute a positive impact to business goals
- Demonstrated understanding of business management (i.e., operations, financial controls, human resources policies and practices, strategic planning) and the application of technology to organizational systems.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the systemic nature of various courses of action and influence business direction strategically to enhance company performance.
- Demonstrated success in managing a diverse staff of management and non-management employees, and resolving difficult interpersonal/professional conflicts where legal/organizational vulnerability is significant.
- Demonstrated ability to build teams and distribute work in an effective way across the organization.
- Development experience with one or more of the following programming languages: Python, nodejs, C++, Java
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: ffmpeg, mysql, postgresql, mongodb, rabbitmq, docker, chef, nginx, Linux, ELK, Amazon Web Services
- Demonstrated ability to integrate systems development efforts in support of common departmental goals
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex industry and business concepts in a way that facilitates understanding and unites others toward accomplishment of mutual objectives
- Demonstrated ability to hire, develop, and retain employees to leverage individual strengths and interests while simultaneously increasing the overall capability of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to provide constructive feedback, resolve conflicts, and manage change
- Advanced project management skills (develop project charter and scope, allocate resources, track progress, etc.), problem-solving skills, and product/service innovation ability
- Experience working for a media company preferred
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer.
- 2017 LinkedIn Top Company
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers.
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career.
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS. See what it’s like to work at Turner!
Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.