Turner Broadcasting Director Financial Analysis in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Director Financial Analysis
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Finance/Accounting
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What part will you play?
This position exists to provide accurate, relevant and timely consolidated financial reporting, and accounting, forecasting, budgeting, and compliance support to the Time Warner Enterprise Shared Initiative and Turner Corporate (including global technology) segment. As an active business partner, the Director Financial Analysis provides objective accounting and financial analysis by having an in-depth understanding of the industry, TW ESI business strategies, and Turner Corporate strategies.
What will you be doing?
Accounting & Reporting:
- Consistently prepare and publish accurate and meaningful consolidated month-end financial statements and reporting packages for the ESI/Corporate segments on a timely basis.
- Participate in month-end close meetings with Finance to communicate financial results.
- Provide value-added ad hoc financial reports and analysis as appropriate.
- Understand the company's accounting policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance to the TW ESI/ Corp Finance teams on adhoc accounting questions.
- Provide to TW ESI/ Corporate Finance select information on balance sheet accounts and schedules as required.
Forecasting & Budgeting:
- Evaluate and understand changes to the monthly consolidated TW ESI/ corporate forecast.
- Propose high level forecast adjustments as applicable and co-ordinate the close out and reporting of the final approved forecast.
- Provide consolidated budget and forecast comparative reporting to Senior Finance Leadership and CFR.
- Prepare and present meaningful forecast data and key business updates to the Accounting Business Services Functional Controllers on a monthly basis.
- Prepare reporting for TW ESI/Corporate leadership as requested to show the results.
What do we require from you?
- Minimum 7 years accounting and forecasting experience, including at least 4 years of supervisory experience.
- Advanced analytical skills, and strong technical accounting skills supported by proficiency in all MS Office applications and ESSBASE/Hyperion applications.
- Candidates must demonstrate strong communication and presentation skills, the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, and in-depth process improvement skills.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.