Turner Broadcasting Director Corporate Development in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Director Corporate Development
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Finance/Accounting
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What part will you play?
As a part of Turner's Corporate Development team, the Director will report into the Vice President of Corporate Development.
What will you be doing?
Process Management & Deal Execution:
- Manage the entirety of the due diligence process for all M&A activity, which entails collaborating with relevant divisions and functional business units across Turner and Time Warner; communicating and coordinating with any 3rd party advisors; and managing deal timelines, deadlines and deliverables.
- Help draft presentations and memos to Turner and Time Warner executive management teams as part of transactions and strategic reviews.
- Regularly liaise with Turner divisions and business units regarding business initiatives and M&A pipeline.
- Provide input on transaction terms and documentation, under the guidance of the VP.
- Manage a team of managers and senior analysts in the preparation of detailed financial analyses including valuation, pro forma merger scenarios, cash flow and liquidity analyses and returns analyses to assess the impact to Turner for acquisitions, investments and other ad hoc initiatives.
- Ensure high degree of accuracy of all financial analyses, working to gather feedback and buy-in from relevant business units across Turner.
- Manage the development of business plans for new initiatives.
- Provide leadership to junior team members by helping set a strong example, fostering the mission and vision of the Finance and Accounting organization and facilitating continuous improvement of individual and group performance.
- Work across Turner divisions and business units to routinely track macroeconomic and competitive data in key markets and industries.
What do we require from you?
- BA/BS degree minimum; MBA a plus.
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience in M&A, corporate development or investment banking.
- Experience in and high degree of comfort with project/process management and/or deal execution.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, with demonstrable success with working in and managing teams.
- Highly motivated with ability to multi-task and autonomously manage processes and projects in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of and experience in the entertainment and media industry is not a requirement.
- Ability to travel.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.