Turner Broadcasting Director, Corporate Business Affairs in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Director, Corporate Business Affairs
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Big Data/Analytics
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Warner Media along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, truTV, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
The Director of Corporate Business Affairs is tasked with negotiating transactions in cooperation with Legal, reviewing and drafting commercial terms and conditions, and managing the transactional/deal-flow processes with respect to Turner’s data, analytics, research, and technology vendors.
What will you be doing?
- Negotiate Master Services Agreements, renewal agreements, amendments, Statements of Work, and evaluation agreements relating to data, analytics, research, and technology transactions with new and existing vendors in cooperation with Legal.
- Draft and review pricing and other commercial terms and conditions for SOWs and related commercial documentation in cooperation with Legal.
- Evaluate new data, analytics, research, and technology product opportunities with new and existing partners alongside Turner operational stakeholders.
- Manage transactional processes vis-à-vis Turner’s key data, analytics, research, and technology vendors.
- Draft deal summaries that detail deal rationale, stakeholders, and economics.
- Work with Finance, Legal, Information Security, and other stakeholders on deal process and execution to meet financial/budgetary, data governance, security, and other goals.
What do we require from you?
- Minimum 8 years of work experience in contracts negotiation and business affairs, preferably for leading technology/data/media companies.
- Strong negotiating, contract writing/drafting, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of enterprise data, research, and technology deals and required legal, financial, service, and support terms.
- Ability to manage budgets and negotiate deals to meet Turner budget objectives.
- Ability to understand and communicate both business and technical requirements to vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Attention to operational details and organization.
Ability to work in a horizontal capacity across multiple Turner teams. But wait, there’s more!
Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands See what it’s like to work at Turner!
Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.