Turner Broadcasting Director, CNN Digital Research & Analytics in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Director, CNN Digital Research & Analytics
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Research
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What part will you play?
- As a member of the CNN Digital Research & Analytic, the Director of Digital Research & Analytics will be the primary liaison with the larger CNN Digital business for data strategy, product tracking and performance data and for data requirements and quality.
- The Director is a critical member of CNN s Research team who works closely with the CNN Digital business and Turner Corporate Research.
- The role requires significant cross-functional collaboration with business and technical teams, a deep fluency in data management and technical development, and a strong desire to convert data to insights.
- This role will collaborate with senior leaders within CNN around all data and analytics insights, particularly focused on data collection and enabling data to power decision making.
In this position, the Director will present data, findings, and research projects serving as a key day-to-day point of contact for Research to the CNN Digital Business, Finance, Ad Sales and other CNN and Turner groups. What will you be doing?
The Director will be responsible for data collection strategy, advanced data analysis, data management, visualization and report development for all aspects of the business ranging from editorial and product to business performance and online advertising effectiveness, including viewability measurement.
- Represent CNN Research in prioritization decisions, develop functional requirements for data collection, and lead initiatives around data visualization and dissemination.
- Manage data quality, work closely with technical teams to ensure CNN has a complete view of its data, and to serve as the point-person for any questions related to data and measurement methodology.
What do we require from you?
- The position requires a passion for the news business, expertise and knowledge of key digital analytics and BI tools yet must maintain a high level strategic understanding of the CNN Digital's overall business drivers.
- Expertise in digital analytics instrumentation, data collection and data governance, specifically with Adobe Analytics, as well as comScore andChartbeat.
- Ability to leverage expertise in data collection to facilitate advanced analysis, data visualization, reporting and dashboards, and enable the broader team to be more efficient with analysis.
- Given the highly visible nature of this role, communication and partnering skills are musts.
- Preferred applicants can function highly in strategic and cross-functional modes and will possess advanced skills in strategic and critical thinking, leadership, collaboration and partnering skills, strong analytical ability, and creative approach to research challenges.
- The candidate has significant industry expertise and be a thought leader in the digital analytics and big data space – and apply best practices in evolving and creating our offerings.
- The ideal candidate will have prior research experience, media/publishing a plus, and an understanding of both internal and competitive measurement tools.
- Experience with BI tools like Domo, Tableau, Arcadia…
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.