Turner Broadcasting BIT Production Support Specialist in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title BIT Production Support Specialist
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Engineering
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook
45 years ago we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe.Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at Turner, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including[adult swim], Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE,FilmStruck, Great Big Story, HLN,iStreamPlanet, Super Deluxe, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports– which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League.You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
The BIT Production Support Specialist is responsible for responding to and resolving client technology Incident and Service requests in a 24X7X365 news and/or entertainment production environment. In this role you will provide onsite and remote problem analysis and resolution for all end users workplace technology hardware /software /networks. Persons eligible for this position should possess superior troubleshooting capabilities and outstanding customer service and support skills. He or She must be familiar with the network and support infrastructure of our broadcast and computing environment, experience in installing/deploying and configuring all types of personal computing devices, maintaining and supporting audio & video equipment in conference rooms/offices/common spaces, provide phone support, desk side support and supporting other peripherals devices.
- Deploying new technology
- Performing system integration testing of hardware/software upgrades
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve problems
- Set up and install audio & video equipment in support of events and other business functions such as meetings, presentations, etc.
- Assessing, improving, and documenting workflow processes
- Working with other support teams and vendors to resolve complex issues
- 2+ years' experience required, 4+ years preferred in technical support related to performing installation, repairs and preventative maintenance of workplace technology; service and operation of broadcast equipment and related peripherals; or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard networking protocols, computing operating systems (Mac & Windows), & LAN/WAN topology
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and standard business applications
- Demonstrated familiarity with broadcast systems and/or hardware (e.g., VizRT, VCS, Media Asset Mgmt, Non-linear editing)
- Demonstrated familiarity and knowledge of installing, troubleshooting and repairing telephone equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge of provisioning, support and maintenance of Polycom and CISCO audio visual equipment required; AVAYA programming experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge pertaining to mobile devices, telephony, laptops, workstations, desktops, virtual and physical environments and other end user technology preferred
- Demonstrated familiarity with basic computer networking and system administration preferred
- Prior experience in radio and/or television preferred
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.