Turner Broadcasting Associate Producer - CNN , Newsroom Wolf in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Associate Producer - CNN , Newsroom Wolf
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
AP responsibilities include, but are not limited to: viewing and selecting the strongest and most accurate video elements (packages, sound-bites, B-roll,etc) for a newscast. APs should be familiar with all important stories and the elements that go with them. They communicate show needs with writers, producers, and assignment desks. Other responsibilities include ordering and/or producing graphics, reporter packages, social media segments as well as prepare editing requests and use technological tools to research and gather archive video. APs make sure all video elements are prepared properly for air and that mediasource records include accurate details. They work in the front row of the control room to communicate the status of video elements and ensure best elements are available quickly.
What do we need from you?
- Two years as an AP, writer/producer or producer in local news, cable or at the network level
- Must have strong news awareness and production skills, the desire to work in a 24-hour newsroom environment and the ability to react quickly and calmly to breaking news situations
- The candidate must be able to handle themselves professionally in changing and challenging situations and be able to react quickly under duress
- Knowledge of iNews is extremely beneficial
- Understanding of graphics, social media and non-linear production is essential
- Ideal candidate must be aggressive and be able to adapt to changing technology, demonstrate strong editorial judgment and be willing to work whenever needed
- Candidates must be extremely flexible and willing to support breaking news and coverage needs in all day parts
- Four year degree or commensurate work experience
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Tu rner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.