Turner Broadcasting Apprentice - Turner Studios Asset Management in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Apprentice - Turner Studios Asset Management
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Internship/Trainee
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
About Turner / Our Story
Turner owns and operates some of the leading cable television networks and related properties in the world, including CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Turner Classic Movies, Adult Swim, truTV and Turner Sports, reaching an impressively broad domestic and international audience. We are not just about TV! Turner manages digital sports, including bleacherreport.com, NBA.com, NCAA.com, PGA.com and our newest – ELEAGUE. See more of what we are about at http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
This position will support the DMS team in the management of Post Media Asset Mangement processes for our network partners, including ingest, metadata entry, distribution, and storage of media content using a variety of broadcast quality production equipment and software. The position requires excellent communication skills and a basic set of technical skills as well as introductory knowledge of Media Asset Management systems.
What will you be doing?
- Maintain knowledge of digital workflow methodologies.
- Maintain integrity of the Post MAM with departmental organizational initiatives, adhering to proper placement, naming conventions, security protocols and ideal quality levels.
- Manage transfer of digital assets to and from Post MAM, coordinating with partners and artists, following established department procedures.
- Handle digital assets at an unsupervised, high-level capacity, while remaining available to receive direct requests from partners, managers and staff.
- Transcode video assets to different formats on demand.
- Administrate the Post MAM software by provisioning user access, ingest of media following metadata procedures, and troubleshooting production workflow.
- Fast response time and thoughtful follow up on all requests, ensuring that results exceed expectations.
- Address partner concerns, utilizing tact and gracious communication to solve varied production issues. Pursue and develop training opportunities for upcoming software solutions.
- Share knowledge and best practices within the group to ensure that any specialized duties or workflows are achievable by all.
What do we require from you?
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Prior experience preferred
- Strong communicator
- High attention to detail
- Customer Service Skill a must
- Knowledge in Adobe Products preferred
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran