Turner Broadcasting Applications Architect- NBA Digital in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Applications Architect- NBA Digital
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Digital/Interactive Media Engineering Technology/Information Technology
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more!Wecreate premium content and deliver exceptional experiences to fans whenever and wherever they consume content.From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
The Application Architect will work with a large group of passionate technology enthusiasts with great opportunities to experience the challenges and rewards of developing one of the largest sports websites in the world, NBA.com. Opportunity exists for career growth, to work with a large cutting-edge suit of web technologies in a casual but professional atmosphere. The technology stack is a mix of platforms developed in-house, as well as an ever-increasing commitment to open source technologies. As an Application Architect, you should be comfortable mentoring other developers in the latest front-end technologies, building prototypes, and performing code reviews. You will also be responsible for triaging and diagnosing production incidents, security, A/B testing, and performance of the front end of the website. Projects may include streaming video, live scoring, prototyping, template-driven publication, and automated syndication of content.
What will you be doing?
- Mentor web developers on technical issues and best-practices.
- Contribute to task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for development activities.
- Participate in the analysis, definition, and scoping of efficient, cost effective application solutions.
- Consistently meet or exceed deadlines.
- Work with internal departments to provide associated deliverables required for the successful completion of assignments (e.g. business development, database development, web designers, end-user training).
Perform related duties as assigned or requested. What do we require from you?
- Thorough understanding of the web and web browsers, their capabilities, and limitations.
- Thorough knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, ECMAScript 6+, and TypeScript.
- Strong skills required in critical thinking and analysis.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Good interpersonal skills.
- Attention to details, a must.
- Prioritizes multiple tasks effectively.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
Previous leadership experience in a web application environment.
- Experience in all phases of digital development and maintenance life cycle.
- Development experience with PHP, Drupal 8, AWS, Classical Inheritance, Docker, Alpine/Ubuntu shell scripting, GIT.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer.
- 2017 LinkedIn Top Company
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers.
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career.
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS. See what it’s like to work at Turner!
Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.