Turner Broadcasting Applications Architect- CNN Digital's Enabling Platforms Team in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Applications Architect- CNN Digital's Enabling Platforms Team
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Technology/Information Technology
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more!Wecreate premium content and deliver exceptional experiences to fans whenever and wherever they consume content.From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
Would you like to work for a leading global media organization? Do you excel at helping teams design solutions to big problems? If so, we'd love to hear from you. We are currently recruiting an architect to join the CNN team in Atlanta. CNN's portfolio of news and information services is available in five different languages across all major TV, internet and mobile platforms reaching more than 392 million households around the globe. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America. The CNN digital network is consistently one of the top news and current affairs destination on the web. This role is a challenging engineering position at CNN that is responsible for providing high-quality software solutions. The technologies are leading-edge, and the environment is agile, fast-paced and large-scale in support of digital media product development.
What will you be doing?
- Providing architectural design and review of software and infrastructure from a total system perspective.
- Coaching and mentoring software developers on architecture.
- Creating spikes and proof of concepts.
- Evaluating new and proposed systems and providing recommendations for improvements, consolidation and integration opportunities.
- Contributing to an architectural community of practice for CNN Digital and to the overall technical roadmap.
- Tier III Escalation for production issues.
- Leading tech health discussions.
- Assisting Technical Director and Technical Managers in aligning developers to technical direction.
- Partnering with Technical Managers to establish coding standards.
- Participating in retrospectives, backlog grooming, and sprint reviews.
Performs related duties as assigned or requested. What do we require from you?
10 years of software development experience
- 5 years development experience in web and cloud technologies
- Proven track record of designing and building publishing systems and content APIs for multichannel distribution (or convince us you've got what it takes!)
- Demonstrated history of leading on the strength of technical abilities and results
- Experience giving architectural guidance to software development teams
- Expert understanding of caching, software development and design patterns
- Demonstrated proficiency in more than one programming language
- Demonstrated experience architecting applications for resilience and performance at scale
- Demonstrated experience with architecting solutions for Amazon Web Services
- Media industry experience
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer.
- 2017 LinkedIn Top Company
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers.
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career.
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS. See what it’s like to work at Turner!
Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.