Turner Broadcasting Analyst, Research in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Analyst, Research
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Research
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, tbs, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports, truTV and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? www.turner.com
What part will you play?
The CNN TV Research Analyst will support CNN's Newsgroup businesses and report to the Manager, CNN TV Research & Analytics. The team blends primary and secondary research to inform a variety of high profile internal stakeholders with strategic insights including the executive team. Along with regular reporting of the networks’ linear performance, this role will be part of an Atlanta-based team that focuses on supporting NY/ATL based CNN News Programming, HLN News and Original Series, which includes providing insights and support to the Program Development, Scheduling, Finance and Marketing teams. Furthermore, the responsibilities will also include assisting in the team-wide effort of forecasting HLN estimates.
What will you be doing?
- Develop a deep understanding of the television landscape and media research, and how they intersect
- Assist in production of daily and regular reporting needs for the CNN and HLN brands, as well as, competitive networks
- Create, maintain, and clean various large-scale datasets to be translated into data visualizations through tools such as Tableau or Domo
- Provide support and recommendations (with manager oversight) for CNN / HLN Executive Management Team and Marketing teams
- Support larger team in long-range estimates and forecasting
Learn how to extract and analyze industry data using Nielsen research software applications (Ex: Nielsen NPower, Arianna, Star Media, etc.) What do we need from you?
Candidate must have knowledge - and more importantly - a strong passion for TV, News, and the Media landscape
- Prior Excel experience required: o Experience with Pivot Tables and Excel analysis formulas (including IF, VLOOKUP, COUNT, SUMIF)
- Base skill set of data analysis programing languages such as SQL, R, or Python preferred; additional experience in Tableau, PowerBI, DOMO, or other similar data visualization software ideal
- Ability to master new tools (some one-on-one training on Nielsen software will be provided by supervisor/team)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, and analyze significant amounts of information with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Minimum of 1-year relevant work experience or internship
- Bachelor's degree required with mathematics, media, marketing or business degree preferred
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- Anin-house learning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.