Turner Broadcasting Analyst, Research in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Analyst, Research
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Research
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, truTV, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won't you be a part of our story? www.turner.com
What part will you play?
The CNN TV Research Analyst will support CNN's Newsgroup businesses and report to the Manager, CNN TV Research & Analytics. The team blends primary and secondary research to inform a variety of high profile internal stakeholders with strategic insights including the executive team. Along with regular reporting of the networks' linear performance, this role will be part of an Atlanta-based team that focuses on supporting Original Series (for program such as The Decades (e.g. 80s, 90s)), Program Development, Marketing and Talent research.
What will you be doing?
- Develop a deep understanding of the television landscape and media research, and how they intersect
- Assist in production of daily and regular reporting needs for the CNN brand as well as competitive networks
- Create, maintain, and clean various large-scale datasets to be translated into data visualizations through tools such as Tableau or Domo
- Provide support and recommendations (with manager oversight) for Marketing, Original Series and Program Development teams
- Assist manager in long-term quarterly Talent measurements and reporting
Learn how to extract and analyze industry data using Nielsen research software applications (Ex: Nielsen NPower, Arianna, Star Media, etc.) What do we need from you?
1-2 years professional or intern level experience with data analysis
Exposure to media analysis is a plus!
4 year degree in a related field
Masters in data sciences or analytics a huge plus!
- Candidate must have knowledge - and more importantly - a strong passion for TV, News, and the Media landscape
Immediate Excel skills needed:
Knowledge in/experience with PivotTables and essential Excel analysis formulas (including IF, VLOOKUP, COUNT, SUMIF) to increase interactivity and automating of spreadsheets
- Understanding of Excel formatting including conditional cell & number formatting
- Experience in Tableau, Domo, R or other similar software or programming preferred
- Ability to master new tools (some one-on-one training on Nielsen software will be provided by supervisor/team)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, and analyze significant amounts of information with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.