Turner Broadcasting Fall 2017 Intern - CNNPolitics.com in Washington, District Of Columbia
Posting Job Title Fall 2017 Intern - CNNPolitics.com
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News
United States - District of Columbia - Washington
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What part will you play?
- As a CNNPolitics.com intern, students will have the opportunity to gain insight into the U.S. political system, digital journalism and CNN's editorial process.
- They will learn how to edit, curate and create content for CNN's political coverage on the web, mobile and other digital platforms, as well as; presidential, gubernatorial, senate, and congressional campaigns.
They will be able to strengthen their research and newsgathering skills, work with and alongside of the DC-based CNN television shows, as well as learn the fast and agile world of digital journalism What will you be doing?
Interns will write, edit, design and work inside the internal CNN content management system, communicate regularly with CNN Atlanta and occasionally go out on assignments around Washington, D.C.
- They will also scour other sites and digital platforms for political content and help put together the signature digital products of CNN's political coverage. What do we need from you?
In order to facilitate the learning experience, the following qualifications are preferred:
- Candidate should be seeking a career in politics and/or journalism.
- Should be high energy, self-motivated, aggressive, able to multi-task, have a good attitude, technically solid, strong online skills and be able to function well in an environment with short deadlines and quick-turnaround projects.
Interns would need to be available during the week for this internship. What's so great about this internship?
An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands! Please Note:
Fall 2017 program dates are September 11th through December 8th.
- Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Tu rner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.