Turner Broadcasting Fall 2017 Intern - CNN The Lead in Washington, District Of Columbia
Posting Job Title Fall 2017 Intern - CNN The Lead
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News
United States - District of Columbia - Washington
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What part will you play?
Intern will work with the team of The Lead that will air weekdays at 4 p.m. The Lead will cover a variety of stories and topic areas including international news, politics, business, sports and pop culture.
What will you be doing?
- Students may have the opportunity to learn and observe a number of functions within the department, such as show research, videotape screening, logging, dubbing and other show production needs.
- The opportunity for taking on greater responsibility is available to interns who demonstrate strong self-motivation and news judgment.
- Interns should come away with sharper editorial and writing skills, exposure to leading technology and an increased knowledge of the U.S. government and political system. What do we need from you?
In order to facilitate the learning experience, the following qualifications are preferred:
- Candidates should be seeking a career in broadcast journalism, should be self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in an environment with short deadlines and quick turnaround projects.
Interns need to be available during the week for this internship. What's so great about this internship?
An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands! Please Note:
Fall 2017 program dates are September 11th through December 8th.
- Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.