Turner Broadcasting Fall 2017 Intern - CNN Special Events in Washington, District Of Columbia
Posting Job Title Fall 2017 Intern - CNN Special Events
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News
United States - District of Columbia - Washington
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What part will you play?
The Special Events Intern will support the SpEv team through various tasks. Intern will take notes on daily calls and sharing information with SpEv group across three cities.
What will you be doing?
Responsibilities will include research projects, supporting the production management team by researching vendors, helping with catering setups, working as a stand-in during rehearsals, assisting with travel planning, editing (simple) video, making graphics, finding video clips/transcribing and other production activities.
What do we need from you?
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA and should have a strong interest in broadcasting, communications, entertainment, journalism and/or the news industry
- Should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite, internet and online research skills are important for success in the position.
- Interns must be comfortable working alone and within a team and understand the professional environment they are working in.
Familiarity with basic research skills using online search engines and databases is a plus. What's so great about this internship?
An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands! Please Note:
Fall 2017 program dates are September 11th through December 8th.
- Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Tu rner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.