Turner Broadcasting Fall 2017 Intern - CNN Public Relations in Washington, District Of Columbia
Posting Job Title Fall 2017 Intern - CNN Public Relations
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News
United States - District of Columbia - Washington
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
The D.C. PR team works to generate press and manage communications for the Washington Bureau, which includes D.C. programming, anchors and correspondents.
What will you be doing?
- Assisting the PR team with daily tasks, ranging from press pitches to office management.
- Building strategic media lists and compiling daily earned media clips.
- Updating talent and executive biographies.
- Drafting press releases and utilizing the communications press site.
Monitor and actively follow along with the news cycle and social media conversations What do we need from you?
Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Solid organization skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Interest in news and politics with the ability to adjust to its fast-paced cycle.
Familiarity with DC based programming. What's so great about this internship?
An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
An inside look on DC based events, produced by the PR and marketing teams. Please Note:
Fall 2017 program dates are September 11th through December 8th.
- Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Tu rner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.