Turner Broadcasting Breaking News Editor, CNNPolitics in Washington, District Of Columbia
Posting Job Title Breaking News Editor, CNNPolitics
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News
United States - District of Columbia - Washington
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook .
CNN Politics is looking for a breaking news editor.
What will you be doing?
-Conceptualize and edit breaking news stories and show an understanding of the nuances of packaging content for the web, mobile web, social (primarily Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and leading social messaging apps), and apps.
-Create sharp headlines.
-Prioritize the most social stories.
-Make independent judgments and decisions on whether content is native to mobile, and it is suitable for our platforms and audiences
-Have a passion for political news, and be unafraid to build the future of journalism on the web with the urgency politics demands; and determined to define some of the country's most important political stories for the mobile social generation of news consumers.
-This role requires constant communication and coordination with the Managing Editor, Political Unit, Social Media Editor, Managing Editor of video, and our futures planning editors for both digital and TV.
What do we need from you?
- Bachelor's degree. 4+ years' experience in an editorial or reporter role at a traditional or digital native news organization.
- Sound editorial and social judgment; excellent writing and visual communication skills. Strong content management system experience on desktop web, mobile web, and mobile.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment making independent decisions.
- Proven experience for developing audiences across web, mobile web, social accounts, through SEO. Strong understanding of mobile, apps, and social (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Experience in a video-led operation a plus.
- Strong copy editing skills
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.