Turner Broadcasting Business Systems Analyst, BSM in Singapore, Singapore
Posting Job Title Business Systems Analyst, BSM
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Technology/Information Technology
Singapore - Singapore
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Oh!k, truTV, TCM, TNT, Warner TV, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. At Turner, we believe diversity and inclusion are business imperatives so we’re looking for candidates from all backgrounds that can help us Re-imagine TV.
No matter the risk, no matter the challenges,we are one Turner. Have fun; Less Fear; All in!
What part will you play?
As our business continues to move to a consumer centric model the realisation of business requirements and transforming the way we work requires multiple teams, departments and countries to work together, evolve and collaborate for a successful outcome for Turner.
With Technology and Operations as the underpinning providers of capabilities on which we launch and operate our services, we are the central point of coordination across multiple stakeholders and 3rd parties to ensure we define and implement the end to end solutions to deliver the capabilities required by our business.
The Business System Analyst plays a primary support role responsible for the development and support of applications for Turner SEAP. Although the person may be a fully seasoned technical professional in a particular discipline, they will need to be able to have a deep working knowledge in one or more of our systems in order to become a fully qualified analyst. In addition to operational support tasks they will perform requirements gathering, project definition, project implementation, training, and other documentation tasks.
He or she will provide ad hoc reporting and participate in application design and quality assurance testing in support of business and project needs. The BSA may work independently for support operations and on small projects. On projects of greater size / criticality they will work under the guidance of Project Managers. The successful candidate will have a suitable mix of the required skill set defined below.
What will you be doing?
- System Support - 40%
- Support custom or packaged or proprietary applications by responding to customer requests for assistance, documenting the problems and actions taken using appropriate tracking tools, coordinating with other team members as necessary to resolve the problem, and communicating resolution to the customer and other appropriate parties in a timely manner. May provide 24 hour on-call customer support, as necessary for critical production issues that occur outside normal business hours as notified by phone or page.
- Support customers by identifying and researching problem trends and working with internal or external subject matter experts to correct and proactively prevent further problems by recommending and/or implementing bug-fixes, application enhancements, customer training, or other measures
- Support customers by assisting with the execution of daily processes and by providing instructions and steps to enable the customer to take ownership of those processes.
- Business Analysis - 25%
- Perform general process/systems analysis activities on projects of medium size\length\risk, such as gathering and documenting business rules, user workflow, and system functional requirements.
- Create documents and presentations to prepare for the impact of application changes, enhancements, or implementations.
- Facilitate meetings with customers to determine and prioritize their business and system requirements for specific projects. Document and analyze requirements (e.g. business system, security, conversion, and report) to determine feasibility and recommend business process improvements where appropriate. Develop meeting agendas, minutes, and subsequent communication documents.
- Work with software developer and\or vendors to create functional design and document technical specifications.
- Facilitate meetings in support of project teams and customers. Perform walkthroughs and/or prototype demonstrations.
- Training and Development - 10%
- Participate in the creation, documentation, and delivery of training for custom or packaged applications; work with other team members to understand training requirements, application functionality, and documentation needs. Train customers on an individual or ad-hoc basis as needed.
- Perform training administration and classroom/material preparation as requested.
- Attend training and undertake self- initiated development activities for personal and career growth.
- Reporting - 10%
- Run, create, and\ or develop system reports to provide information to the business unit\ client that ensures the business unit has all the information it needs to make informed decisions in a timely manner and achieve competitive advantage.
- Make adjustments to existing reports to meet new or changing business needs.
- Meet with end users to identify reporting gaps. Write reports that fulfil identified business needs and train customers where necessary to run and write ad hoc reports.
- Quality Assurance - 15%
- Participate in the coordination and implementation of quality assurance activities such as User Acceptance Testing.
- Perform QA and work with developers\DBAs to manage data conversion including analysis of existing data, conversion process, and data verification for project implementations.
What do we require from you?
- Proven experience in software development, report writing, technical support, or related IT experience
- Proficient skills using the MS Office suite and process modeling and reporting tools (e.g., Visio, SQL reports, Crystal, QlikView, MicroStrategy)
- Experience with client-server architecture, Web Enabled Applications, and SOA
- Experience with structured development methodology
- Experience with relational databases and queries
- Excellent Analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Good communications skills (written/verbal) – English required
- Demonstrated ability to work as an integral part of a successful team
Degree in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience But wait, there’s more!
Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands!
- Summer Fridays, End of Year Leave and more!
- More Fun, Less Fear, All In Culture
Applicants must have status to live and work in Singapore
All applications may be considered for other suitable positions within the Time Warner Group.
All applications will be retained for a maximum period of one year. Turner International Asia Pacific Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer A TimeWarner Company