Turner Broadcasting Intern, PR in Paris, France
Posting Job Title Intern, PR
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Marketing/Promotions/Advertising
France - Paris
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
Do you have a passion for TV? Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation? Do you want to pursue a career within PR? If so, we’d love to hear from you! We are currently recruiting a PR Intern to support the Paris-based PR team by handling specific initiatives and projects which support the overall communications strategy.
You will be working across consumer and commercial campaigns, this role provides administrative and written support for the busy Paris press office team and offers the opportunity to gain an insight into the workings of the world’s leading newsgathering organisation.
The internship starts September 2017 for a maximum period of 6 months.
- Preparing France coverage summaries to be shared with CNN’s stakeholders
- First point of contact for general telephone enquiries to press office
- Pitching in stories to media contacts mainly across French-speaking countries in mainstream press and bloggers
Researching, drafting and distributing press materials on CNN International programming, on exclusive breaking newsand on CNN International’s ad sales initiatives.
Exploring PR opportunities arising from the channel’s ad sales and digital activity.
- Assisting in the research, development and implementation of communication plans for key ad sales, digital and research initiatives.
- Translating press materials from English to French
- Assisting in the organization of local events (conferences, private exhibitions…)
- Support Communications Executive in day-to-day tasks
- Contribution to social media on CNN France PR Twitter account, building social media relationships
- Proven strong, accurate writing ability, with excellence for grammar and punctuation in both French and English
Good copywriting skills and the ability to research and draft releases
Planning and organisational skills. The ability to plan ahead, anticipate deadlines and manage a variety of projects at the same time.
- A good eye for detail
- Excellent IT knowledge across Microsoft Office packages, Photoshop skills preferable
- Ability to prioritise issues/demands and effectively handle enquiries when other team members are out of the office
Understanding of social media tools especially Twitter, Instagram and Facebook Desirable:
Educated to Master’s degree level or equivalent
- Keen interest in current affairs, advertising, digital and tech
- Experience of PR an advantage
Closing date: 19/07/2017