Turner Broadcasting Writer/Producer, HLN Primetime Justice in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Writer/Producer, HLN Primetime Justice
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What part will you play?
The writer/producer for Primetime Justice with Ashleigh Banfield is primarily responsible for writing the show open and segment intro’s. May also gather and evaluate elements for broadcast, researching and cutting those elements and making sure they best illustrate the news by being accurate and in context.
What will you be doing?
- Must work closely with the host to write accurate, compelling and concise copy in her voice.
- Must communicate with editorial team in developing show segments and make sure all video is available, accurate, cleared by CNN Triad, and in order before they air in the show.
- Must also be able to effectively articulate status of material during the show with the control room staff.
- In addition, may help the booking team with booking guests for live primetime interviews, including conducting pre-interviews over the phone and setting up those interviews with the TPM group.
- Must attend and actively participate in all show related meetings and pitch sessions.
What do we need from you?
- Solid TV news background required.
- Must be a creative writer with excellent communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the workings and workflow of a newsroom.
- Interest in law, crime and justice preferred.
- Ability to write compelling and concise broadcast copy that captures the host’s voice.
- Ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of television audiences and how to engage viewers.
- Four-year college degree (Journalism preferable) or demonstrated experience in the field.
- Understanding of video editing, multi-tasking ability and be a team player.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
rner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.