Turner Broadcasting Technical Production Manager, NY Technical Operations in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Technical Production Manager, NY Technical Operations
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Production/Post-Production
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
*This is our story *
CNN Technical Operations is at the center of our global live media experience. We are the team with a front row seat to every story, every show, and every event as history is made before our eyes. We are a home for opportunities: to be part of the action, to grow, to develop, and to influence. We are the spirit behind the movement to #gothere. We are CNN. Will you join us?
*See what it’s like to work at CNN! * Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook .
*What part will you play? *
Be the eyes, ears and heart of a TV production! You are at the center of the action in the control room collaborating with editorial and production to manage all the live content.
*What will you be doing? *
- Facilitate technical & logistical traffic to support live news shows and events (including communications, lines coordination, field efforts)
- Safeguard CNN air ensuring that feeds meet CNN quality standards.
- Partner with editorial & production to book studios, live locations.
- Roll satellite trucks for field production for live air.
- Work with show directors to set-up look of live shots.
- Responsible for managing & maintaining control room intercom show files and incoming router assignments.
- Support editorial & production staff on use of control room technology
*What do we need from you? *
- Minimum experience requirements include:
- Five years live television production experience with knowledge of control room and studio operations.
- You should know production systems, satellites and fiber assets, routers and associated equipment.
- Desirable requirements include:
- Expertise in AZ Edit, Evertz multi-viewers and iNews.
- College degree, military experience or equivalent prior experience with lines, satellites and technical facilities.
- Candidate should have a news background and demonstrate editorial awareness.
- You must be able to multi-task and work in a live news environment.
- Extremely strong communications skills are a must -- verbal and written.
- Strategic thinking and problem solving are important to success.
*But wait, there’s more! *
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2015 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
_ Tu _ _ rner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users. _