Turner Broadcasting Sr Director, Ad Innovation in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Sr Director, Ad Innovation
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Ad Sales
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
/ Our Story
Turner, a Time Warner company and a leading media conglomerate, creates & programs world-class content in the news, entertainment and sports verticals. Turner content reaches hundreds of millions of consumers globally and in the US via TV and digital distribution. Turner’s consumer-facing brands include CNN, CNNMoney, Bleacher Report, TBS, TNT, CartoonNetwork, along with deep relationships with sports leagues such as the NBA, MLB, NCAA March Madness & PGA Tour.For more information, please visit: http://www.turner.com/
What will you be doing?
This role is part of Turner Ignite and will report to the SVP, of Ad Innovation & Programmatic Solutions. The Sr. Director will lead the activation team and be responsible for cultivating talent, innovating around org design/work assignment, and building and managing new processes to ensure that we are exceeding client expectations. This role will be tasked with consulting with clients (agencies and advertisers) and internal executives to activate campaigns & new solutions which leverage data, analytics, and technology in order to create new ways to monetize Turner’s assets. The role will work hand in hand with senior leaders within Turner’s Ad Sales, Strategic Planning, Research, Technology, Operations, and Data Science teams. The Sr. Director will travel to 20% of the time. Typically travelling to conferences and to meet with clients
What are we looking for?
Great presentation skills and ability to interact with senior level clients and internal executives
Ability to present in front of large groups
- Expert in process management
- Comfortable working in fast paced, high pressure environment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Highly creative thinker with proven record of success
- High degree of sales acumen rooted in deep product knowledge and consulting skills
- Great communicator who can work cross functionally with various internal teams to execute complex processes
- Ability to take extremely complex solutions and make them simple and easy to explain
- Passionate about media, data, analytics and technology.
- Proven leader who can successful manage cross functional and cross divisional teams
Solid knowledge of linear and digital advertising
Mobile huge plus
- Deep understanding of marketing principles and strategies across all media types
- Deep knowledge of linear TV trafficking and inventory management principles
- Solid knowledge of linear and digital ad operations (ad serving, trafficking etc.)
Deep knowledge of audience data
Ex: Nielsen, Comscore, DLX, Blue Kai, Krux, Server data, ACR data
- Media Research background a huge plus
Solid understanding of media planning
Ex: Flighting, GRP planning, Reach and frequency concepts
- Experience with posting systems (ex: MSA) or media agency billing systems (Media Ocean) a huge plus.
- Solid Knowledge of advanced data sets in the media space (ex: Nielsen Catalina, Nielsen Buyer Insights, Rentrak, TRA)
Solid knowledge of advertiser side data solutions
Ex: Homescan, Scantrack, IRI, NPD, JD Power, Rentrak Studio, etc.
Solid Knowledge of data integration techniques and processes
Data matching & key vendors
- Data fusion and key partners
Solid Knowledge of Advanced Analytics (Does not need know how to execute just how to explain)
Predictive modeling techniques and applications (ex: Mix, Attribution, etc.)
- ROI methodologies (ANCOVA, T-Test, etc.)
Base knowledge of programmatic solutions and technology providers in market for linear
Examples: Clypd, Visible World, Rovi, Simulmedia
Solid understanding of Audience Targeting offerings in market
National networks, MSOs and Satellite Offerings, Aggregators
Understanding of digital programmatic infrastructure and work flows
DMP, SSP, DSP, Trading Desks etc.
- 10+ years experience with digital and linear advertising (media company, vendor, or agency preferred)
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2015 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, WB, CNN, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.