Turner Broadcasting Senior Editor - Explore Parts Unknown in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Senior Editor - Explore Parts Unknown
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Editorial
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
This is our story.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook .
What part will you play?
CNN Travel is looking for a Senior Editor who will play a key strategic role in the growth and development of Explore Parts Unknown, a mobile-first digital destination that reflects the voice and style of the CNN Original Series, 'Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown'.
The editor will work in close partnership with both digital and broadcast teams across CNN - including editorial, sales, product, design, PR, marketing, programming, and research - to lead planning and coordination between diverse stakeholders. The editor will also be the day-to-day point of contact with Roads & Kingdoms (R&K), an independent production company specializing in travel journalism. R&K is responsible for the content development and programming of www.explorepartsunknown.com . Strong editorial sensibilities, business acumen, and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively are essential to success in this role.
What will you be doing?
- Guiding the strategic development and growth of Explore Parts Unknown with special focus on audience development and audience acquisition in the evolution of the business and digital product
- Working closely with sales and executive stakeholders in ideating, pitching, and producing content for future sponsorships
- Leading efforts to communicate project goals and coordinate programming efforts across CNN properties
- Connecting EPU.com producers to assets and resources in a timely manner
- Providing leadership and guidance on site improvements and features as they serve the growth of the business
What do we need from you?
- Minimum 8+ years of editorial experience
- Experience collaborating with internal and external stakeholders in content development at a media company
- Experience leading special projects
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment with attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- An appreciation for storytelling and authentic travel experiences
But wait, there’s more! + Paid time off every year to volunteer + 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers + An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career + Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.