Turner Broadcasting Producer 1 (Line Producer) - CNN New Day in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Producer 1 (Line Producer) - CNN New Day
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Editorial
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What part will you play?
The Producer I for CNN's morning show, New Day, is responsible for executing an hour of live programming on an overnight shift. This line producing role oversees elements for live segments, focuses reporter hits and ensures that all anchor copy is urgent & concise. This producer must have a strong news judgment, be a self-directed leader that can handle breaking news situations.Duties include managing the rundown, assigning writers and working with producers to select video, soundbites and graphics to make compelling television.
What will you be doing?
- Provide oversight and creation of the show rundown, building segments and developing story ideas from beginning to air
- Write scripts, segment questions and conduct research on very tight deadlines
- Discuss segment elements and suggested questions with Anchor, Executive Producer and other show producers
- Gather elements for segments and prepares material for air, including editing of soundbites and graphics
- Make important editorial decisions and guides talent, writers, associate producers and the technical team
- Must be familiar with using social media to gather information and find booking opportunities
What do we need from you?
- 5+ years producing experience
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Field production experience and control room experience are necessary
- Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and entertaining ways to present information, new angles to approach stories, and the organization skills to bring it all together
- Outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic are critical for the position
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Tu rner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.