Turner Broadcasting News Editor in New York, New York
Posting Job Title News Editor
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Production/Post-Production
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What part will you play?
CNN New York is looking for an experienced journalist with strong news gathering abilities and leadership skills. The News Editor should be a collaborative, team player who can who can clearly and succinctly distill news and disseminate information across various news platforms.
What will you be doing?
You'll be responsible for pushing the editorial envelope on stories that help CNN distinguish itself from our competition. As a leader on our assignment desk, the editor should be able to distinguish stories that meet CNN's journalistic standards and newsgather via traditional methods as well as social media. An established writer, this news editor staffer can create content for both internal consumption and external publishing on all CNN platforms. This includes field assignments and being our eyes on ears on the ground covering breaking news or planned events such as court cases, protests or news conferences. The News Editor needs to support reporter and producer teams reporting from a bureau or the field and clearly communicate editorial and logistics information between team, digital newsgathering and shows.
What do we need from you?
- BA/BS in Journalism, Television-Film Production, Communications, or related discipline
- 4-6 years' experience in news environment at a major network/local station
- Previous news room experience
- Newsgathering in social media outlets
- 1+ year experience TV/digital writing experience preferred
- Previous Assignment Editor experience preferred
- Strong general news judgment and editorial skills
- Understanding of CNN newsgathering
- Strong logistical ability
- Able to make fast decisions
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Able to work under pressure
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Tu rner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.