Turner Broadcasting Manager, Content Strategy (News - CNN & HLN) in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Manager, Content Strategy (News - CNN & HLN)
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Marketing/Promotions/Advertising
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, truTV, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
Manager, Content Strategy will help lead the promotional and opportunity development for the Turner News platforms such as CNN, CNN.com, CNNMoney, HLN, CNN Español, CNN Airport Network.
What will you be doing?
- Partner with Sales and Network/Site Editorial to bring best in class opportunities to market; develop and position innovative client solutions and custom sales franchises to drive revenue for the Turner News Platforms.
- Develop strategic creative cross-platform and off-platform opportunities throughout the Upfront, Calendar and Scatter Markets, which strategically support key advertiser objectives
- Actively collaborate across divisions with Marketing, Sales, Network and Digital editorial teams to identify, concept and create sponsorable franchises
- Own the editorial strategy process for assigned content verticals from brainstorm/ideation through approvals to pitch development bringing in Director or Sr. Director for leadership approvals
- Liaise with editorial teams across TV and digital platforms including: CNN, CNN.com, CNNMoney, HLN, CNN Español, CNN Airport Network
- Bring proactive ideas to editorial partners to create sponsorship packages in response to marketplace
- Collaborate with team members, Sales, Network, Site, Legal, Research, Yield and Product teams in developing and customizing opportunities based on network priorities, sales meetings and/or RFPs
- Familiarize/educate larger Content Partnerships team and Sales on various editorial strategies, platforms and related updates
- Develop expertise around specific assigned products and share these learnings with larger Content Partnerships team, Sales and Yield in meetings and via marketing communications
- Provide sales strategy insights to network/site teams while being primary point of contact for understanding network/site goals and programming plans
- Strong verbal and written skills a must in developing, processing and presenting opportunities both externally and internally
- Partner with Activation team to provide follow-through on custom concepts once sold
- Coordinate with multiple internal CNN entities including but not limited to Standards & Practices, Legal, Yield, Account Services and CNN productions to receive approvals and viability of promotional concepts.
- Digital experience and knowledge of editorial processes and production plus industry/competitive trends is critical
- Television and Social experience and knowledge is desirable
- Oversee maintenance and updates of team status documentation to help facilitate workload management and the smooth transition of sold promotions from Development to Activation
- Working across the organization to build comprehensive "Turner" programs that leverage all applicable network assets: TEN (tbs/TNT), Turner Sports, and Emerging Consumers
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum 3-6 years directly related Digital/Television editorial production experience or Integrated Media Sales Marketing
- Knowledge of edit systems, production requirements and operations
- The passion for, and the ability to write creatively, effectively and with impact across all forms of communication
- The creativity to generate ideas that will drive revenue and the communication skills to sell them through
- Facility with, and curiosity about, social media, mobile apps and emerging technology
- Ability to work with PowerPoint, Excel and other business-related tools
- Exhibit core behaviors e.g., interpersonal skills, communication, creativity, strategic thinking, problem-solving, teamwork & enthusiasm!
- Ability to effectively manage complex relationships with a variety of internal/external counterparts
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, competitive environment
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Must be detail oriented
Ability to calmly manage through ambiguity and change But wait, there’s more!
Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands See what it’s like to work at Turner!
Follow us onInstagram , Twitter and Facebook
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.