Turner Broadcasting Fall 2017 Intern - Strategy and Innovation in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Fall 2017 Intern - Strategy and Innovation
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Business Development
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
About Turner Entertainment
Home to beloved networks and industry leaders such as TBS, TNT, TruTV, and Turner Classic Movies, Turner Entertainment is a powerhouse of brands for every mood and every consumer. Turner Entertainment is part of TBS, Inc., a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO, and Warner Brothers. For more information, please visit: http://www.turner.com/
See what it's like to intern at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,Twitter, andFacebook.
What does our department do?
Strategy and Innovations Team - While TBS & TNT are already the #1 and #3 most popular entertainment cable networks, we are currently revolutionizing the way we position our brands and connect with our audience. We have a full slate of original shows that are fundamentally changing the way that people see our brands. This team is focused on driving strategy and innovation for tbs & TNT, helping the business transform in the rapidly evolving media, entertainment and technology industries. As thought leaders focused on developing transformational strategies and identifying growth opportunities for tbs & TNT across platforms, our team works on initiatives spanning across:
Innovations in strategy around growth of the core business and its properties
Working on shows ranging from Conan and Sam Bee to primetime dramas and comedies
Developing and refining the existing growth strategies and opportunities for our existing portfolio of investments and partnerships, including Refinery29, Mashable
Working directly with C-suite leadership at these portfolio companies to drive innovation
Actively discovering and evaluating new venture and partnership opportunities and acquisitions
Finding the next Refinery29
- Evolving Turner's Esports strategy
Innovations in multi-platform storytelling and audience engagement
Leading the industry with VR, Snapchat, OTT, and "the next big thing"
Multi-platform monetization and data strategies
Using insights and analytics to inform business strategies and sell big ideas
What will you be doing?
Our interns work alongside us to drive strategy and innovation, expand our knowledge base, and tackle challenges across media, technology and entertainment. To help us achieve these objectives, each of our interns complete an in-depth research project throughout the course of their term with us in addition to supporting on live workstreams. Our undergrad intern will also provide daily support on meeting and conference preparation, and tracking of media and technology news. In past semesters, interns have worked across a wide range of projects covering various topics, including:
- Assessing Landscapes for Emerging Entertainment & Media Industries (e.g. MCN's, eSports, Augmented and Virtual Reality)
- Accelerator / Incubator Models
- Brands as Media Companies / Content Creators
- Deep Dive on Millennial / Gen Z Content and Consumption Habits
- Aggregated, Multi-Platform Insights and Analytics Companies
- Upfront / Newfront Coverage and POVs
TV Everywhere: An Analysis of the TVE Ecosystem and Consumer Experience What do we require from you?
Must be an undergrad rising senior student
- Passionate about media, tech and entertainment
- Digitally and socially savvy
- Knowledge of emerging digital platforms
- Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects with several deliverables under tight deadlines
- PowerPoint presentation skills are a plus
8 to 12-week internship beginning June 2017
- Full-time (40 hours / week in the office)
- Paid internship
What's so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Fall 2017 program dates are September 11th through December 8th.
- Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.