Turner Broadcasting Editorial Producer, CNN New Day - (Booker for Evening Shift) in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Editorial Producer, CNN New Day - (Booker for Evening Shift)
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Programming
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What part will you play?
The Editorial Producer is responsible for booking guests, making pitches, and handling newsmaker requests for the CNN morning show. This individual is the show's booking representative and is responsible for constantly upgrading the quantity and quality of bookings for live daily interviews in addition to special projects.
What will you be doing?
The Editorial Producer conducts pre-interviews over the phone and sets up on-camera interviews and b-roll shoots, researches and pitches provocative stories, and works contacts for long term booking opportunities. Editorial Producers also work with Segment Producers to develop characters for long term stories. This person will perform other related duties as assigned. This job may require travel for breaking news bookings. This position may include working overnight hours.
What do we need from you?
- A qualified candidate for this position must have 3+ years as a booking producer or equivalent production experience
- Research skills are essential to this position
- Proven performance and an established rolodex in booking high profile news guests are necessary
- This candidate must be able to multi-task, execute quickly, and be editorially strong
- Knowledge of current events, key players and issues in global affairs a must
- Organizational skills and writing skills are essential to this position
- Bachelor's degree required
- Second language a plus
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Tu rner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.