Turner Broadcasting Content Producer, Special Projects - Courageous in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Content Producer, Special Projects - Courageous
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Production/Post-Production
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Courageous Story
They are documentarians. Filmmakers. Designers. Web-developers. And they come together to make amazing branded content for clients. Welcome to Courageous, CNN’s innovative studio. Courageous fits into Turner’s data-driven ad and content strategy perfectly. Their work is compelling, substantial and truly innovative. And we’re not spin doctoring-- Adweek just gave them the top honor for innovative storytellingat Adweek’s new Arc Awards for branded content creatives.
What part will you play?
CNN's Brand Studio is looking for a full time, New York City-based Content Producer / Line Producer to join our Special Projects team. The person who lands this job will have an immense opportunity to help produce great branded content that will be distributed on an unparalleled scale. The Studio works with a Who's Who of blue chip brands that all have meaningful media budgets. The goal is to produce relevant work that will be of real interest to the CNN audience; a network available to more than 2 billion people in more than 200 countries and territories, spanning TV, Web, Snapchat, Social Media, Airports and Mobile Devices.
What will you be doing?
The Special Projects team responds rapidly to the Studio's and Senior Management's creative needs, executing any type of filmed content needed to further the Studio's and CNN's brand's mission with the highest production value possible. About you - You're an organized, disciplined industry vet with in-depth knowledge of scheduling and budgeting and all of the physical and technical processes of filmmaking. You perform under high pressure and on fast timelines. No matter how hectic, everything gets done, and done right. You have exceptional communication skills and the diplomacy to balance the creative expectations of the director, artists and creative personnel with the financial resources available, as well as being capable of managing client and senior stakeholder expectations across multiple simultaneous projects, and acting as a proxy for the Director of Special Projects when necessary. In pre-production, you oversee various activities, including hiring the production team, location scouting, ensuring compliance with regulations and codes of practice, sourcing equipment and suppliers, selecting crew, engaging supporting artists and contributors, and monitoring the progress of our production departments. You have extensive experience working on scripted productions, but are comfortable with non-scripted as well. On shoot days, you're responsible for overseeing all activities, supporting the Director, and for ensuring that the production is completed on time and within budget. You plan for the worst, while simultaneously inspiring the team to excel in their work every day. You understand post-production sufficiently to manage and assign tasks if needed. You're the thread that connects it all from pre-production to the wrap meeting.
What do we require from you?
- Deep knowledge of budgeting and scheduling film shoots
- Organized planning chops to ensure each project stays on course and the adaptability to pivot when things fall apart
- Communication of the status of projects to upper management and stakeholders
- The ability to understand the role of present and future projects in a long term agenda
- Network of Freelancers and Vendors to scale productions when necessary
- Great communication skills and positive teamwork attitude
- Understanding of working with clients and meeting brand objectives
- Experience working in an editorial environment a plus - especially with digital publishers
- Pluses: Experience as an Ad Agency Broadcast or Integrated Content Producer
- Experience as a Line Producer on Live Action Commercials, Narrative Fiction, and Digital or Branded Content
- Experience as an Assistant Director on Live Action Commercials, Narrative Fiction, and Digital or Branded Content
- Any other high level Production experience in film, television, and digital content
- Experience: 6-8 years in physical production at top-tier production companies, commercial production companies, advertising agencies or equivalent experience
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.