Turner Broadcasting CNN Technical Director, NY Technical Operations in New York, New York
Posting Job Title CNN Technical Director, NY Technical Operations
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Production/Post-Production
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
This is our story
CNN Technical Operations is at the center of our global live media experience. We are the team with a front row seat to every story, every show, and every event as history is made before our eyes. We are a home for opportunities: to be part of the action, to grow, to develop, and to influence. We are the spirit behind the movement to #gothere. We are CNN. Will you join us?
See what it’s like to work at CNN!
Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What part will you play?
A CNN TD plays a lead role of the live control room team. A TD is responsible for supervising the control room technical crew during a fast paced 24-hour live news environment and executing the direction and vision of show director and producer.
What will you be doing?
- Switching fast paced productions seen throughout the world across CNN's global networks
- Firsthand experience partnering with some of the best directors in TV news
- Act as crew chief and technical lead assigned to the production staff productions
- Ability to offer creative suggestions that enhance show productions
- Collaborating with graphic department and editorial leads as new shows are developed
- Organizing and maintaining switcher layout and other auxiliary equipment associated with TD area
- Demonstrate technical ability to troubleshoot and understand video workflow throughout CNN networks
- May be called upon to simultaneously direct small to mid-level live and taped segments/shows
What do we need from you?
Minimum experience requirements include:
- You have technical know-how and strong communications skills. That's what it takes to rise to the top of this team
- An ability to work in a high pressure, 24/7 news environment.
- A desire to learn new technologies, processes and/or procedures as they are implemented and a willingness to work in other areas as assigned.
- Five years Industry experience technical directing in a live news environment
- Operational knowledge of all control room positions and familiar with all aspects of live television and pre / post production.
- Four-year degree from accredited university or demonstrated experience in the field.
- Candidate should have a strong interest in current events
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2015 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
rner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.