Turner Broadcasting Analyst, Research in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Analyst, Research
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Research
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
What part will you play?
- Under the Manager of CNN Brand and Multiplatform Research, the Analyst will be responsible for helping tell CNN's Global reach story based on: usage & perception of our brand and competitors across the various platforms (TV, digital, mobile and social)
- Optimizing how the different CNN platforms work in combination by monitoring performance data, and giving feedback on internal business strategies
- Harnessing the power of social media by evaluating CNN's growth on Facebook, Snapchat, and other platforms for trends
What will you be doing?
- Play a role in CNN's primary brand research, which include focus groups, surveys, and in-depth interviews Support clients in PR, Program & Content Strategy and other areas to help them tell success stories around CNN programs
- Create and update multi-platform analytics templates for CNN programs Create tracking and be the point person for collaboration in cross-team special-events reports
- Update and organize digital performance trackers to monitor CNN product performance
- Get exposure to CNN's primary brand research by communicating with research vendors and clients
- Attending focus group and in-depth interview sessions; and keeping the team organized on primary documents, trackers, and key dates
- Support client relationships by addressing ad hoc questions related to CNNgo, CNN social, and off-platform performance of CNN products
- Work with the Program & Content Strategy team to evaluate program and event performance on CNNgo, CNN's news- and series-streaming service, which is available on Web and various streaming apps
- Maintain highest data standards with our clients and continually work to improve learnings from emerging products that develop
Stay informed of news landscape by monitoring product and competitor news and sharing findings with the team What do we need from you?
1-2 years of media research experience
- Experience in an adjacent field such as advertising or marketing Bachelor's degree required with communications, media, marketing or mathematics degree preferred
- Exposure to TV and digital data, including Nielsen NPM, comScore, Omniture Strong MS Office skills, particularly Excel, is a plus
- Familiarity with PowerPoint, Pivot Tables and Macros, is a plus Interest in news, politics and news brands
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Demonstrates the ability to collaborate, meet deadlines, and produce accurate, detailed results
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2015 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS See what it’s like to work at CNN!
Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.