Turner Broadcasting Analyst, Monetization Strategy in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Analyst, Monetization Strategy
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Ad Sales
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
/ Our Story
Turner, a Time Warner company and a leading media conglomerate, creates & programs world-class content in the news, entertainment and sports verticals. Turner content reaches hundreds of millions of consumers globally and in the US via TV and digital distribution. Turner’s consumer-facing brands include CNN, CNNMoney, Bleacher Report, TBS, TNT, CartoonNetwork, along with deep relationships with sports leagues such as the NBA, MLB, NCAA March Madness & PGA Tour.For more information, please visit: http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
This role is part of the Turner IGNITE division of Turner Ad Sales and will report to the Vice President, New Products and Monetization Strategy. The Analyst is responsible for working within the Turner IGNITE Division and Turner Go-to-Market Ad Sales teams. In addition to working with the Ad Sales teams, this role will work collaboratively with the Strategic Planning, Technology Operations, Finance and Data Science Divisions.
What will you be doing?
- Assisting with internal tracking, on-going yield management and preparing necessary revenue and forecast reports.
- Assist with creating new ways to monetize Turner's assets across linear and digital
- Work hand-in-hand with the AI&PS Activation team, to maintain reporting across our various advanced advertising schedules.
What are we looking for?
- Passion for media, data science, analytics and emerging technologies, specifically audience-based buying
- Fluency in the fundamentals of digital and television advertising
- Solid project management skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to perform well in highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to learn and implement complex processes and solutions
- Creative thinker who can problem solve and think outside of the box
- Attention to detail, critical thinking skills, strategic thinking, strong communication skills
- Ability to work seamlessly across teams to ensure monetization
- Knowledge of forecasting and tracking (yield, revenue, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of linear, digital and programmatic advertising
- Base knowledge of linear and digital ad operations (ad serving, trafficking, etc.)
- Knowledge of audience data systems Systems & Programs
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Word required
- Knowledge of macros, pivot tables, required, plugins is a plus
- Understanding of systems for planning, delivery and reporting on media required
- Marketplace understanding
- Understanding of supply and demand
- Inventory management experience
- Adobe Acrobat - Edit PDFs
- Analytics Tools - SPSS, SAS, R
- Project Management Software Ex: Basecamp, Microsoft Project, OneNote, etc.
- Experience: 1-2 years experience with digital and/or linear advertising (media company, vendor, or agency preferred)
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, WB, CNN, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.