Turner Broadcasting Account Service Representative (Linear) in New York, New York
Posting Job Title Account Service Representative (Linear)
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Area of Interest Ad Sales
United States - New York - New York
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
Please note that this is not an actual open job, but rather a description of skill sets and experience we believe is necessary to be successful in the Ad Sales - Account Management group at Turner Broadcasting. As positions come available for Account Service Representatives (ASR), we will not post these vacancies to our website given that this requisition is designed to be a placeholder for interested candidates. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for either and/or both of these positions, please submit your resume and cover letter to this requisition. The Recruiter will review resumes on an on-going basis to determine those candidates who best meet the minimum requirements and will contact those select candidate to proceed to the next stage in the process.
About Turner / Our Story
Turner Media has some of the most recognizable brands that continue to drive the social fabric of our world. From cutting-edge breaking news stories on CNN, up-to-the-minute sports coverage on Turner Sports & Bleacher Report, the characters we grew up loving on Cartoon Network to the shows we love today on TBS, TNT, and TruTV. Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. Including our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros that complete the Time Warner family, we tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story?
What part will you play?
Turner is looking for talented and savvy individuals who are eager to embark on a long term career within Broadcast and/or Digital Ad Sales. Our teams of Account Service Representatives have the unique opportunity for gateway-level exposure and training to learn the business of a major media conglomerate from the inside out. No cold calling required, you’re working with established ad agencies to ensure our advertisers’ brand message is effectively shared across Turner’s broadcast and digital platforms.
What will you be doing?
- Client Service – Serve as the first line of contact with internal and external entities to ensure the proper maintenance of Turner’s multi-million-dollar advertiser schedules from proposal to payment.
- Booking Orders – Responsible for entering advertiser commercial schedule requirements into our in-house ordering system.
- Post Analysis – Compare and analyze invoiced data against Nielsen Media research reports to determine if the advertiser’s schedule has reached the audience we promised (includes preparing audience deficiency plans to address possible delivery shortfalls).
- Allocations – Apply basic mathematical formulas to distribute commercial airtime across specific brands, weeks and programming based on advertiser’s marketing needs.
- Invoice validation/adjustment – Verify scheduled commercials versus aired commercials and resolving any discrepancies.
- Collaboration – Work with Ad Sales teams across the organization including Strategic Planning, Traffic, Invoicing, etc. to ensure a smooth and effective campaign.
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor's Degree required with related internship or one year post-graduate work experience
- Client Service and/or Account Management experience a plus
- Must have strong communication/interpersonal skills, be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment, be detail oriented and responsive, deadline driven and have strong quantitative reasoning skills.
- Computer Skills – Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Qualified candidates must pass a job related media math assessment in order to proceed in the interview process.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2015 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, CNN, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS See what it’s like to work at Turner!
Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.