Turner Broadcasting Bureau Chief in New Delhi, India
Posting Job Title Bureau Chief
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Area of Interest Editorial
India - New Delhi
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
Editorial, Newsgathering, and Production:
- Drive editorial/production direction and vision for newsgathering in India and neighboring countries. Report and write for CNN platforms as needed.
- Oversee daily story developments, futures, scripts, and production operations. Fostering collaboration among staff to produce compelling, relevant, character driven stories. Managing major events coverage in India and neighboring countries from coordination to budget approval.
- Responsible for ensuring partnership, collaboration and ongoing communication with the HK Desk, other regional bureaus, and Atlanta.
- Responsible for all People Management (identification of needs, hiring, allocation of resources, development, performance management, terminations) decisions and corresponding issues across the India team. Ensure consistent management decisions are applied to all CNN operations at a country level in line with regional and global CNN/Turner policies and practices.
- In collaboration with the Managing Editor, Desk in Hong Kong and regional HR: Identify annual goals and development areas with staff. Ensure these are captured in the appropriate myPerformance systems in order for both Bureau Chief and staff to record progress and completion. Conduct regular informal reviews and give timely constructive feedback as needed. Conduct semi-annual and annual formal performance reviews captured into myPerformance. Together with HR, own the Annual Merit Review/bonus process for the Bureau. Manage learning and development opportunities for staff as well as terminations.
- In charge of identifying and recruiting temporary staff from third party vendors or government agencies as dictated by local laws. This should be in line with CNN/Turner procurement policies and conducted in partnership with legal.
- As CNN s highest executive in India, establish, maintain and nurture good relationships with local authorities, private sector stakeholders and the community at large.
- Represent CNN at public relations and outreach events in India in collaboration with Turner's Regional Public Relations Team. Ensure the CNN brand is at the core of our country operation.
- Ensure CNN s operation and its staff in India are reflective of the CNN s values and reputation; anticipate and flag any prospective PR challenge.
Administration, Finance and Security:
- Responsible for overall bureau administration and finance ensuring its funds are being accounted for and spent following local laws and CNN/Turner policies.
- Responsible for overall staff security within the office premises and outside when on shoot. Procure security personnel as appropriate.
- As CNN s only authorized signatory in India, ensure any documents signed in the company's name is law abiding and legitimate.
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in journalism or broadcasting and higher level degree desirable
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in broadcast or digital journalism, significant experience in managing daily news operations, video production, show development and execution
- Experience in motivating and managing teams to produce excellent results
- Proven leadership, organizational and cultural sensitivity skills
- Experience in managing a/multiple Bureau(s) and dealing with corresponding complexities associated with operating in a challenging and demanding regional environment
- Fluency in an Indian language preferred
We offer a rewarding career and attractive remuneration package. Interested candidates, please send full curriculum vitae & portfolio (samples of writing/artwork) with details of existing and expected salary by emailing email@example.com.
All applications may be considered for other suitable positions within the Time Warner Group.
All applications will be retained for a maximum period of one year. Turner International Asia Pacific Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer A TimeWarner Company