Turner Broadcasting Business Development & Sales Strategy Manager in Munich, Germany
Posting Job Title Business Development & Sales Strategy Manager
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Sales
Germany - Munich
Position Type Temporary
Posting Job Description
Business Development & Sales StrategyManager, Central & Eastern Europe
Do you have a passion for TV? Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation? Do you have experience in strategy with strong analytical skills? If so, we’d love to hear from you! We are currently recruiting a fixed term Business Development & Sales Strategy Manager, Central & Eastern Europe to join the Research team in Munich for approx. 10 months.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa, Turner currently broadcasts 68 channels in 23 languages to 124 countries. It is headquartered in London and operates local offices across the region. The brand portfolio includes EMEA’s number one international news brand CNN International as well as Turner’s leading kids brands, Cartoon Network – home of global hit animation series such as The Amazing World of Gumball and Boomerang, featuring timeless classics such as Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Turner’s strategy in Central & Eastern Europe to grow the core business and to evaluate new business models
- Work with local Management and Central Strategy Function to evaluate and identify commercial opportunities across current portfolio
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis on key projects and enable informed decision-making
- Support regional Distribution negotiations with financial models and scenarios, provide consultancy for local sales colleagues
- Provide business models and business plans for new initiatives and drive them to project stage
- Support Central Strategy Function in evaluation of M&A opportunities
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including financial modelling
- Understanding and awareness of key trends and issues in the major media markets in Central and Eastern Europe and of new media ventures and technology trends
- Your degree should be supported by at least 2-3 years of proven experience in the “business of media” sector and/or the communications (telecoms, internet) sectors in an advisory role such as consulting, banking, VC or strategy roles
- Demonstrated understanding and enthusiasm for the media industry
- Experience in strategy work (projects involving analysis, research and team work)
- Work experience in an international company
- Fluent in English and ideally at least one Eastern European language or German
- Advanced in Excel and proficient in PowerPoint, with ability to create high quality presentations, including financial models
This is a maternity cover position ending August 2018.
Your future with us:
We offer you an exciting work environment in a highly motivated and dynamic team in an attractive location in the centre of Munich. If you are interested in a varied and challenging position at a television channel and want to shape the growing Pay-TV market together with us, please send us your application. Please let us know you earliest start date and your salary expectation.
Closing date: 27/07/2017