Turner Broadcasting Sales Planner - Sports in Los Angeles, California
Posting Job Title Sales Planner - Sports
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Ad Sales
United States - California - Los Angeles
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What part will you play?
As a Sales Planner on our elite Ad Sales team, you’ll work closely with our Account Executives as we engage, solicit and shepherd new and existing campaigns with our advertising partners.
What will you be doing?
- Monitor Account Executive's online/on-air schedules daily
- Create client profiles and prepare Account Executives for meetings
- Work with Marketing to create client solutions and promotional ideas for advertisers
- Build internal and external relationships and help Account Executive plan events for clients
- Resolve contract discrepancies
- Organize research and competitive information for Account Executive
- Provide support to Account Executive/management and complete additional projects as directed
- Attend and participate in Sales Planner training sessions
- Preparation of all post analysis
- Preparation and revision of proposals using Turner's systems to be presented to clients/agencies
- Actively track liability and arrange for under delivery schedules to air
- Familiar with research products, Nielsen and MRI
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor's Degree and 1-2 years of sales experience in a related field required; previous work on a digital sales team or at an advertising agency is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be outgoing, organized, efficient, team player and a strategic thinker.
- Proficient in various computer software (Microsoft Word for Windows, PowerPoint, Excel, MRI).
- Must be a team player with a strong work ethic willing to get the job done.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.