Turner Broadcasting Senior SEO Analyst in London, United Kingdom
Posting Job Title Senior SEO Analyst
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News
United Kingdom - London
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation? If so, we’d love to hear from you. We are currently recruiting a Senior SEO Analyst to help grow one of CNN’s key audience segments by partnering with teams in Editorial, Social, Programming, Audience Development and more. CNN Digital is seeking an individual who is passionate about SEO, analytics, audience development, journalism and digital multi-channel marketing.
CNN’s portfolio of news and information services is available in five different languages across all major TV, internet and mobile platforms reaching more than 392 million households around the globe. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America. The CNN digital network is consistently one of the top news and current affairs destination on the web.
As a member of the audience development team, you will work in close collaboration with CNN’s editorial team to drive audience growth and increased engagement through our SEO efforts. The ideal candidate will have 4+ years experience with growing SEO organically for news organisations, an analytical mind with the data skills to go with it. The candidate best fit for this role will have experience working cross-departmentally, and will have the ability and willingness to speak up to push for results.
Main duties and responsibilities include :
- Leverage knowledge of the online news and information landscape to execute audience development plans to acquire CNN Digital’s desired target audience segments.
- Partner across multiple teams to coordinate and improve on CNN’s audience development and SEO strategy, tying together editorial calendars, social calendars, business priorities, product launches and more.
- Provide real time analytics feedback to Editorial and Programming teams to help provide the right content at the right time to CNN’s audience.
- Identifies scalable strategies, tactics and channels for audience growth.
- Develop workflow recommendations to include the data necessary to inform content and programming decisions in order to quickly move on opportunities that will grow CNN’s search audience and increase their loyalty.
- Develop & champion improved processes for insight collection and dissemination across Audience Development, Product and Editorial teams.
- Support short term Content Planning processes with editorial and programming teams.
- Conduit between Content Teams and Audience Development Teams sitting within the CNN Newsroom, bridging editorial with audience development and analytics.
- Focus on partnership with Editorial leaders to establish and define specific channel roles and guidelines for content and distribution.
- Document usage and requirements for real-time analytics tools in coordination with Optimization & testing team, providing recommendations for relevant data and analytics enhancements.
Knowledge and experience required:
- Must have ability to train editors and newsroom staff on how to optimize pages and articles through page titles, SEO descriptions, headlines, alt text, linking, etc.
- Ability to perform keyword and trends research to identify what keywords to target and explain the value of key phrase selection to publishers
- Experience with SEO and analytics tools such as (or similar to) Conductor, Brightedge, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics.
- Identify and document product requirements for the improvement of the publishing platform to assist in SEO.
- Audit sites for opportunities to improve SEO
- Recommend and specify SEO tools
- Reviewing rank reporting, analytics, webmaster tools and other SEO resources to educate and explain fluctuations and metrics to publishers.
- Staying current on Search Engine Optimization topics by monitoring search industry websites, forums, blogs and news sources.
- Employ methodical experiments while quantifying success (or failure)
- Preparation of reports, statistics and guidelines
- Coordinate with social and analytics teams on content-related issues
- Identifying and documenting product requirements for the improvement of the publishing platform to assist in SEO
- Have deep functional and technical understanding of SEO and how to implement best practices throughout an organization.
- Experience developing, managing, executing and measuring Content Marketing and SEO programs for medium-to-large media organisations.
- Understanding of SEO best practices to assist editorial and programming teams with site and campaign optimisation.
- Creating and testing hypotheses based on insights from audience targeting and analyses.
- Basic knowledge of digital media technologies, particularly a good understanding of capabilities and limitations.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills including the ability to use audience research and metrics to optimize audience development plans. Ability to plan, measure and report on program successes through targeted KPI’s.
- Strong working knowledge of audience analytics platforms, eg Omniture, Chartbeat, Facebook Insights.
- Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills and ability to collaborate and work well with others.
- Strong project management skills with experience managing workflow between different departments.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced newsroom environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Science, Marketing, Journalism or a related discipline.
- Experience working in a global editorial organisation.
Working from our London Head Office in the heart of Soho, you will have to opportunity to work for a truly global company. With Global scope and local focus, we will find and share stories that matter to our audiences. On screens of every shape and size you’ll find turner. Less Fear. More Fun. All In.
Applications close Monday 11th of September and you will be contacted shortly after then if you have been shortlisted.