Turner Broadcasting Senior Manager - Data Analytics, EMEA in London, United Kingdom
Posting Job Title Senior Manager - Data Analytics, EMEA
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Research
United Kingdom - London
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
Turner’s Data and Consumer Insights is a growing team responsible for building and deepening a holistic view of Turner’s consumers through data and analytics. We apply those insights to ensure our consumers are put in the centre during the development of incredible experiences across all touchpoints including our ever increasingly important digital products and services.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Manager who is passionate about data and entertainment, who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and who is energized to lead a team of insights and analytical professionals.
This is a high level individual contributor role that will lead portfolio-level web analytics reporting and consumer analytics, centred around the company’s global digital businesses. He/She will develop dashboards, tools, and reports to help provide more informed decision making around how our consumers are engaging with Turner’s digital apps, websites, games and other experiences.
What you’ll be doing:
- Execute on data initiatives and lead data projects to better understand our audience, content and product offering across all digital platforms and business models (including web, mobile, connected devices, and video subscription services). Leverage the data to grow the business, deliver personalized product and advertising experiences.
- Responsible for site analytics, site testing, tagging, auditing, implementation, best practices and continual improvements of the digital experience (business case development, analytics, testing and measurement plans).
- Analytics techniques include A/B testing, acquisition and churn analysis, clustering and segmentation as well as ad-hoc analyses, to be distilled down to a concise summary and actionable insights to non-technical audiences.
- Build and maintain reports, dashboards, and tracking metrics to monitor the performance of our products and support product launches
- Develop and manage a team across the EMEA region and collaborate with digital product teams in Turner International and Turner Domestic to develop the company’s portfolio of digital products
- Work very closely with the Director of Consumer Insights to provide a 360 degree view of consumer behaviours and preferences of brands and contents across all touchpoints in the consumer journey
- Partner with business stakeholders (e.g. Marketing, Brand, License and Merchandising, Consumer Insights) to develop analyses that leads to actionable insights that accelerate consumer engagement with our brands and profitable growth
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills to educate business partners and brands on digital experiences and ensure alignment across divisions on KPIs for metrics
What we’re looking for :
The perfect fit for this role requires someone with the ability to deliver meaningful insights and strategic recommendations for our businesses, effectively lead projects and execute strategies to drive consumer engagement and revenue growth, as well as perform very hands-on technical analyses and modeling in support of our growing digital products.
- Direct management experience 5+ years of relevant working experience (in a similar role), preferably for an online entertainment media/subscription/publishing company
- Passionate about media content and brands
- An understanding the current digital product landscape, particularly iOS and Android apps is a plus
- Excellent statistical intuition, application, and knowledge of various analytical approaches
- Proficient with analytical tools supporting web analysis, reporting, and visualization (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Tableau, Excel)
- Experience with an A/B and multivariate-testing tools required
- Experience with implementations of analytics platforms such as a web reporting tool and tag management software preferred
- Ability to operate independently, prioritize/manage multiple and time sensitive projects simultaneously, and adapt to change in a fast-paced online entertainment environment.
- Strong detail-orientation with strong focus on data accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present complex information in a easy-to-understand manner with clear recommendations based on data insight
- Exemplary relationship builder who is consultative in nature and able to quickly form partnerships with colleagues and customers
- Able to thrive in a complex matrix organisation distributed across different locations and with different levels of digital development.