Turner Broadcasting Programmatic Operations Manager in London, United Kingdom
Posting Job Title Programmatic Operations Manager
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Ad Sales
United Kingdom - London
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
Programmatic Operations Manager
We are currently recruiting a highly skilled Programmatic Operations Manager who has experience in operating multiple and varied programmatic platforms. You will be responsible for commercialising large volumes of inventory throughout the world using smart and cutting edge programmatic and audience targeting solutions.
CNN’s portfolio of news and information services is available in five different languages across all major TV, internet and mobile platforms reaching more than 392 million households around the globe. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America. Over the years it has won multiple prestigious awards around the world for its journalism, including most recently the Asian Television Award Cable & Satellite Network and Channel of the Year, and is a two-time winner of Royal Television Society News Channel of the Year. CNN Digital is a top network for online news, mobile news and social media. CNN has 41 editorial offices and more than 1,100 affiliates worldwide through CNN Newsource . CNN International is part of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company.
This role will help drive the programmatic strategy, ensuring optimal setup of all programmatic platforms in DFP. Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Working in a team to manage setup of the desktop & mobile display, and video impressions, are optimally setup to ensure the best inventory is exposed to the highest yields;
- Being able to understand and advise on the programmatic technical stack and the commercial strategies that rely on these platforms will be key as will being able to link the technical focus between the tech platforms and flow of information/data;
- The Programmatic Ops will work closely with the Head of Programmatic and Data Operations and the Global Ad Operations Manager, to ensure the tech set up is functioning correctly and efficiently within DFP and the delivery of audience targeted campaigns is optimised for full delivery and performance – using Turners’ DMP, Ad Server & SSP;
- You will be supporting demand partners ensuring they are interacting with DFP Dynamically and efficiently to maximise revenue through fill rate and eCPM and support the optimization of the stack working closely with the internal teams ensuring the tagging structure is allocated to maximise yield;
- Testing and integrating new programmatic partners ensuring that the partners are set up for success
- Key performance metrics will focus on accuracy, margin / eCPM improvements, fill rate increase and operational efficiencies, thus being able to analyse large data sets from partner platforms and make timely business decisions is key to the role;
Skills and Experience required:
- Proven experience working within the online advertising industry;
- Experience working within programmatic advertising – agency or publisher (digital);
- Hands on using SPP technology such as Rubicon, AdX, Spot X or a good understanding of their capabilities;
- Knowledge of using DMP technology or a good understanding of a DMP capabilities;
- Commercial exposure to ensure understanding between ops efficiency and revenue generation.
- Excellent understanding of DFP and similar AdServing systems
- Enthusiastic worker that thrives in working in a cutting edge and fast past environment;
- Advanced Excel Skills;
- Excellent analytical skills and high attention to detail, with the ability to analyse and extract information from a large dataset and interpret information to make business decisions.
- Excellent Project Manager
Team player Desirable:
Understanding of dynamic allocation/ Header bid technology is a plus.
- Experience running extended reach campaigns
Please apply before 7thAugust 2017