Turner Broadcasting Category Manager, Hardlines in London, United Kingdom
Posting Job Title Category Manager, Hardlines
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Licensing
United Kingdom - London
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
CATEGORY MANAGER, HARDLINES
We are currently recruiting a Category Manager, Hardlines to join the Cartoon Network Enterprises licensing team in London. This role is responsible for developing and presenting annual category business plan and identifying key objectives and priorities. You will also be responsible for delivering Licensing revenue and net profit contribution.The role reports directly into the Director of Hardlines, EMEA with a dotted line into the Director of Licensing UK & Nordics.
The Category Manager for Hardlines (Toys, Stationery, Food& Beverage, Promotions & Publishing ) is a key revenue generating role. The role will work with both the Regional Category and the U.K./Nordics territory team and will be responsible for helping to set and implement the local category strategy. The role will deliver relevant category, licensee and retail insights and manage the end-to-end of the licensing process – from licensee acquisition, deal negotiation, product planning, day-to-day licensee management and support for the licensee with retail placement. The CM is also responsible for Financial planning, forecasting and support of the accounting team with AR, ensuring the UK & Nordics deliver on the Annual Business Plan.
- Look for opportunities in the Hardlines category to grow the business with new Licensees and products – must have strong analytical ability to understand industry insights, data feeds (NPD) and developing trends.
- Work with the senior Licensing team to shape and implement the Hardlines strategy
- Implement the Licensing pitch process and appoint the best in category Licensees for our properties.
- Ensure alignment with regional and global Hardlines roll out strategies and business plans
- Manage the day to day licensing business to ensure quarterly forecasts and royalty reports are delivered on time.
- Develop and share the local Category vision with the wider Channel, Category Management and Franchise Management teams.
- Ensure EMEA team is regularly updated with news and best practises, new products and retail activities
- In alignment with Category and Territory Management teams, develop and present the annual business plan, determine key objectives and priorities
- Be proactive to address Counterfeit activities in the Category.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A broad knowledge of the Licensing industry and experience in developing and implementing a category plan.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Hardlines
- Proven Revenue and P&L management
- Demonstration of previous success in the Hardlines category
- Established strong licensee and retailer relationships – local and global
- Experience of operating in or an understanding of matrix management
- Licensing experience – minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Licensee, Licensor or Retailer
- Ability to build confidence and trust with Licensees and retailers – convincing communicator
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Commercially savvy, numerate
- Interpersonal skills and strong customer relationship skills
- Superior negotiation skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise a busy workload
Please note that this role will require regular domestic and some international travel
Closing date: 19/07/2017