Turner Broadcasting Business Development Manager - CNN International in London, United Kingdom
Posting Job Title Business Development Manager - CNN International
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Sales
United Kingdom - London
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation? Do you have extensive experience in business development? If so, we’d love to hear from you. We are currently recruiting a Business Development Manager to join our Business Development and Strategy team in London.
Based at CNN’s International HQ in Central London, CNN International Commercial (CNNIC) is responsible for monetising the CNN brand outside of North America by offering its brands and partners the opportunity to associate themselves with award winning content and reach through its global pan-regional TV and digital network.
The Business Development Manager at CNNIC will work within the Business Development team, and together with Strategy Director will be developing and implementing strategies to grow the CNNIC business and to evaluate new business models and partners. The BD Manager will work closely with senior stakeholders across all CNNIC teams.The Business Development team supports CNNIC organisation which has offices around the world, with key hubs in London, Hong Kong and Miami.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Supporting the development, communication and implementation of the growth strategy and objectives for the CNNIC business
- Working closely with the Strategy Director on prioritization of opportunities and identification of commercial opportunities and pan regional Business Development projects across current portfolio
- Leading analysis and work streams within broader projects as directed by the Strategy Director
- Working with various teams across CNNIC to gather information on various strategic initiatives, ongoing projects and undertakings to assist the Exec team in preparation for various top-level presentations, meetings, etc.
- Building relationships with industry stakeholders and source potential Business Development partners
- Occasional international travel may be required
Knowledge and skills required
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in leading strategy projects (projects involving analysis, research and team work) gained in in-house strategy team or consulting
- Demonstrated understanding of and genuine interest in the media industry
- Commercial acumen and strong Business Development skills desirable
- Experience working in an international and matrix organization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – the candidate will have strong influencing, and negotiating skills
- Ability to work efficiently with different stakeholders of the business across a global network
- University Degree or equivalent or MBA level.
- Fluent in English and ideally at least one other major language
- D2C experience highly desirable
Working from our London office in the heart of Soho, you will have the opportunity to work for a truly global news company. With global scope and local focus, we’ll find and share stories that matter to our diverse audiences and clients.