Turner Broadcasting Sr Financial Analyst in Burbank, California
Posting Job Title Sr Financial Analyst
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Finance/Accounting
United States - California - Burbank
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook
What part will you play?
With a clear understanding of the industry, this position acts as a business knowledgeable advisor by preparing and reviewing forecasts, budgets and financial/business analyses that demonstrate the underlying key business drivers and the ultimate impact on the business unit. The position requires a highly-motivated individual that can interact well with co-workers and senior management. This position provides the opportunity to present financial results to upper management. This position will report to the Director of Finance.
What will you be doing?
- Prepare and communicate budgeting and forecasting cycles for TNT/TBS Originals
- Work directly with the Accounting group during month end close and P&L review process by providing key variance drivers
- Support cash management functions, such as building and maintaining a cash flow model to improve the precision of production capital needs
- Provide day to day support and prepare ad-hoc analysis as needed
- Proactively identify, develop and implement enhancements to existing management reporting and business processes
Support creation of business plans for growth initiatives and new businesses What do we require from you?
Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- 6 plus years of professional experience with demonstrated success in the key responsibilities for this role.
- CPA, required
- Strong Analytics in budgeting, forecasting and modeling
- Advanced skills and experience with Excel and other Office software
- Strong knowledge of accounting, financial concepts and practices
- Highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to prioritize and efficiently handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented and exceptional organizational skills
- High emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, data analysis, and process innovation
Self-starter and work with limited direction But wait, there’s more!
Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.