Turner Broadcasting Writer, CNN On Air Presentations in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Writer, CNN On Air Presentations
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest News
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What part will you play?
You will write summaries of the day's leading news, based on information gathered from news conferences, on-air interviews, the CNN wire, and other CNN-approved sources for the CNN Ticker. You will also be well-versed in the news of the day. Check/research prior news stories to ensure relevant, most compelling and up-to date information is presented to the CNN Ticker audience.
What will you be doing?
Determine a story's relevance and organize information accordingly. Communicate/collaborate with show teams, members of CNN Digital, and news gathering personnel throughout CNN to gather content for the Ticker. Seek avenues to improve editorial and journalistic skills. This can be a combination of the employee taking Turner-offered classes or taking advantage of other Turner-sponsored opportunities.
What do we need from you?
- Bachelor's degree (typically in liberal arts such as journalism, English, political science) or similar demonstrated on the job experience. Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis
- One-to-two years of technical writing or non-fiction writing, television production or a related field; and six months of experience in commercial, industrial, educational, or government script writing and producing
- Concise written communication skills
- Must have excellent grasp of language, knowing when to write straight news and identify opportunities to be creative. 3-5 years of writing experience in online, print or TV production
- Demonstrated news knowledge and journalistic skills
- Must be strong team player, eager, and able to collaborate
- This position supports a 24x7 news environment and shifts and days of work may include overnights, weekends and holidays
- Essential functions of this job include the ability to work for lengthy periods of time during shift from a computer workstation as well as conduct essential business via phone and computer
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Tu rner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.