Turner Broadcasting UX Designer, BEST in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title UX Designer, BEST
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Technology/Information Technology
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
Our team is looking for a talented UX Designer that can bring new ideas and processes to our internally facing applications. Our applications manage almost every piece of content that our News, Sports and Entertainment networks distribute daily. We believe that even though our applications are internally used, our teams should have the best possible user experience. As a UX Designer, you would work hard to understand user behavior, our style, and help influence our best practices. We welcome individuals who challenge our ideals and help push us into new directions. This role will be challenging - the successful candidate will learn that gathering content from distributors and teams isn’t simple - it’s a very complex process with many moving parts, but very rewarding to see the difference UX makes in getting the content out to our viewers. You’ll be a key part of our world class enterprise product team. So, if you’ve got some time under your belt as a UX designer, and like to bring change, then please join our team!
Internal code: bestmetais
What will you be doing?
Your daily focus will be on discovering problems our users face, design brand new interactions and applications, improve existing portfolio of applications, and champion the UX design process by mentoring the team's best practices.
- Gather user experience requirements through person to person interviews
- Design user experiences for new applications through wireframes & rapid prototyping
- Refine user experiences for existing applications
- Review data to drive decisions
- Champion UX best practices
Agile/Scrum planning and process improvement What do we require from you?
5+ years UX design experience
- User behavior analysis and discovery
- User flows and Information Architecture
- White boarding and low to high fidelity prototyping (rapid prototyping)
- Experience with Agile methodologies required (Scrum and Kanban)
- Must demonstrate considerable enthusiasm for the practices that allow for continuous deployment and incremental delivery of business value
Working knowledge of modern wire framing tools (Balsamiq, Axure, PS, Illustrator, Sketch, InVision) But wait, there’s more!
Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- An in-houselearning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status