Turner Broadcasting Tech Fall 2017 Intern - Jr. Producer, Technology Communities in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Tech Fall 2017 Intern - Jr. Producer, Technology Communities
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Internship/Trainee
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
- We build communities around common tech languages, platforms, hardware, or other themes
- We influence how teams interact, how we cross-pollinate and how we work
- We plan private and public events for our technology teams - from conferences to small panels at coding schools
We lead the Ladies in Tech at Turner community and run hackathons What will you be doing?
You'll be helping us plan for the Grace Hopper conference (hospitality, swag, booth).
- You'll be integral in organizing brown bag events where technology employees & executives will be speaking.
What do we require from you?
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree majoring in Computer Science, Computational Media, or Digital Media.
- Understanding of the web and web browsers, their capabilities, and limitations.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Internship dates are August 22, 2017 – December 15, 2017. All interns are expected to work a minimum of 25 hours per week, and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.