Turner Broadcasting Spring 2018 Intern - CNN Social Discovery in Atlanta, Georgia
Posting Job Title Spring 2018 Intern - CNN Social Discovery
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Digital/Interactive Media
United States - Georgia - Atlanta
Position Type Intern
Posting Job Description
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
The CNN Social Discovery team is seeking a talented, motivated and engaged full-time intern for the Fall 2017 semester. He or she should be self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in an environment with short deadlines and quick turnaround projects.
- Verify user-generated content from social media during breaking news
- Interview real people about their personal stories
- Identify trends on social media
- Write stories on social trends, as well as stories that will resonate with social audiences
Collaborate with other social media teams across CNN in telling stories on social What will you be doing?
Support the team in verifying user-generated content from social media and iReport.com during breaking news
- Find, pitch and write stories trending on social media
- Learn how to produce stories for the Web
Get hands-on experience in creating targeted calls to action to the CNN iReport community What do we need from you?
Working knowledge of digital storytelling and how to use social media for news gathering
- Passion for social media and audience engagement
- Ability to write online stories on deadline
Video editing experience is a plus What's so great about this internship?
An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands! Please Note:
Spring 2018 program dates are January 22ndthrough April 20th.
- Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
rner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.